February 07, 2013
SPANX Has GRAMMY's Butts Covered
On Sunday, Feb. 10, Hollywood will play host to the 55th annual GRAMMY® Awards, and SPANX will be there in full force to support music’s biggest and brightest. From the country crooning “Fastest Girl in Town” to the latest Bond Girl, SPANX will be in the spotlight on the red carpet and the stage.
News recently broke that the CBS Standards and Practices department issued a memo asking Grammy performers and presenters to keep it modest during the telecast, specifically stating: “Please be sure that buttocks and female breasts are adequately covered…Please avoid exposing bare fleshy under curves of the buttocks and buttock crack.”
SPANX will be doing our part to help by sidelining sideboob and cracking down on crack. CBS and celebs can relax…we’ve got their butts covered!
SPANX fans like presenters Jennifer Lopez, Kaley Cuoco, and Best Pop Solo nominee Katy Perry are sure to rock their favorites under their frocks.
- Jennifer Lopez is a Skinny Britches devotee, the sheer shaping keeps her looking toned, but lets her breathe while she’s showing off her sultry moves. J-Lo sat down with Gayle King last week on CBS This Morning and when Gayle asked if she wore SPANX she responded, “Yes, I do! It is nice to get a smooth look. It’s good to have that lining.”
- Katy Perry won’t be caught without her favorite mid-thigh shaper, the Undie-tectable High-Waisted Mid-Thigh. The Best Pop Solo nominee (for “Wide Awake”) recently told US Magazine “I almost always wear [SPANX], but not tonight, and I feel it pushing out, making me look fat."
- As for Kaley Cuoco, the Big Bang Theory star shared her look-slim tips with Self Magazine, saying of SPANX, “Honestly, they’re incredible and my favorite thing in the world. I swear by them.”
And while the GRAMMY performances will be bigger than ever, the performers will be slimming down with SPANX.
- Record of the Year, Song of the Year and Pop Vocal of the Year nominee Kelly Clarkson will undoubtedly hit a high note wearing her shaping secret. The recently engaged Clarkson told the New York Times her secret to looking svelte: “Spanx! For all you ladies out there, let me tell you: it sucks it right in.”
- Best Country Album nominee Miranda Lambert is a long-time SPANX fan. The “Fastest Girl in Town” singer chatted up the hosts of The Talk recently, disclosing her tips on looking sexy for her husband, fellow country star Blake Shelton: “Don’t be afraid to wear SPANX!”
- All eyes will be on new mom and Bond girl Adele, who will perform the film’s anthem “Skyfall.” Adele admitted she’d worn “Three or four pairs” of SPANX to the GRAMMYs last year. This year, we’re sure she’ll be wearing her favorite Slimplicity Open-Bust Bodysuit as she steals the show with her killer voice and charm.
Wardrobe malfunctions are a thing of the past, CBS! Thanks to SPANX expect beautiful music and smooth silhouettes on GRAMMY night!
Public Relations Coordinator